In just a few weeks I’ll be on my way to Scotland with my Mom. We’re making the trip in honor of her 75th birthday and plan to spend one week on family tree research and sightseeing in Edinburgh, and one week on a small-group tour called the “Best of Scotland.” I’m looking forward to the trip but I’m just a little nervous at the prospect of two weeks away from my husband and son. And while I travel often for work, I haven’t been on a trip with Mom since family vacations when I was in grade school. Two weeks is a long time if we find we’re not good travel companions. Any words of wisdom?
To keep my mind on positive thoughts, I’m planning to make a few new travel accessories for both of us. There are so many lovely ideas on Pinterest. Here are just a few tutorials and patterns that caught my eye:
1. Portable First Aid Kit from Positively Splendid
2. Lined Drawstring Bags from In Color Order
3. Jewelry Roll from Fiberosity
4. Earbud Pouch from Erin Erickson
5. Flat Iron Holder from Creative Juices
6. Quilted Journal Cover from Sew Me Something Good
7. Passport Wallet, pattern from Craftsy
8. Fabric Envelope for holding travel documents – In Color Order
9. And, of course, a new tote bag! Pattern from Elizabeth Hatman
If you’re looking for ideas of your own, the Travel Handmade board on Pinterest is a great place to start.