I shared a recipe for my favorite “Chill Out” bath salts a while back. I love the blend of lavender and rose geranium – it really does help me relax – but I’ve been in more of a bubble bath mood lately. So I pulled out my essential oils and mixed up a batch.
I used this recipe as the base and mixed together:
- One cup (8 oz.) of unscented castille soap
- 1/4 cup (2 oz.) vegetable glycerin
- One teaspoon aloe vera gel
- Six drops lavender essential oil
- Six drops rose geranium essential oil
I stirred everything together in a large glass measuring cup and poured the bubble bath back into the bottle the castille soap came in, with enough left over to fill a 3-ounce travel size bottle for an upcoming business trip. It smells amazing!
This doesn’t have all the skin softening benefits of the bath salts, but I love having bubble bath made with ingredients I can actually pronounce.